Monday, June 24, 2013

Music Technology

Do you still  remember this thing of yesteryears? My younger brother who likes to collect nostalgic items got it from Ipoh Memory Lane, a famous place for junk items. My father use to have this cartridge when he, circa 1977, bought what we called "radio grand" named Lamina with a cartridge player and Garrard vinyl record player and it sounded  nice during that time. I was 4 years old then.
The fun did not stop there. It continued when the cartridge was unusable  or intentionally made unusable by us. We loved to pull the brown tape and wrap it all over the house.
One occasion that I still remembered was when my opah (grandmather) occasionally came to our home and she bought a cartridge titled "Nasyid Al-Mizan". We love to hear to their hit song like "Alhamdullilah, Junjungan Mulia, Seruan Suci" I searched the internet for the songs and when I heard it, all the good time when my Opah was still in this world make me realized how she love us. May Allah bless her Hajah Puteh Sofiah aminn.



No comments:

Post a Comment